The Importance of SEO in 2020Nov 08,2019 / Marketing Strategy
The Importance of SEO in 2020
The Importance of SEO
SEO is one of the most important and effective marketing tactics of the modern era. SEO or search engine optimization has a singular purpose, and that is to enhance your website’s online visibility. It is a technique that every major search engine algorithm recognizes and rewards.
The importance of SEO stems from the fact that it helps create positive user experiences by providing users with the best results possible when they input a query into the search bar. When a user has a positive experience interacting on a platform (such as Google), the likelihood of them returning to a site greatly increases, which means more traffic.
Google’s success is predicated on its popularity, and its popularity is predicated on delivering the best results to its users. If your website assists Google in its mission, then Google will reward you with a high SERP (search engine results page) ranking.
Are There Different Types of SEO?
Yes, there are two variations, and they are known as:
- Local SEO – Local SEO is a marketing tactic primarily used by small businesses and companies with multiple locations. Essentially, it takes a more targeted approach as opposed to traditional SEO, where techniques (i.e., the inclusion of NAPs into your Google profile and other online listings) are implemented to enhance the visibility of a company within a community.
- Voice SEO – Voice SEO is quickly increasing in popularity amongst those who utilize search engine platforms. Voice SEO is essentially the practice of verbalizing questions as opposed to manually inputting them into a search bar. The heightened interest in this variation of SEO is due to the enhanced efficiency of the process, and the ever-increasing popularity of devices such as Google Home.
Why is SEO Important?
- Builds Credibility – Incorporating proven SEO practices into your marketing strategy can have a profoundly positive impact, not just on your online visibility, but on how users view your website when it appears in their search results. High SERP positioning implies that your site is the most reliable and can, therefore, be trusted. This implication comes from the fact that a core component of strong SEO is the overall usefulness of the content being provided, and that implication is reinforced by the fact that 75% of all users never go past the first results page. This means that users trust the links that are being displayed, simply because they are listed on said page.
- Positive User Experiences – Positive user experiences are an important component in relation to good SEO practices. Google recognizes it’s importance, which is why the platform tends to favor user-friendly content and web sites over to those that aren’t.
- Organic Search – Organic search refers to the process of a user inputting a single term or string of terms into the search bar of a search engine, then receiving results based on relevance to the query entered. When a marketer implements good SEO practices, it increases their chances of boosting their SERP positioning, which would drive more organic traffic to their website.
As competition increases in all industries, it is incumbent upon business owners to take every step necessary in regards to driving more traffic to their website. In order to achieve your business objectives, it requires a deep understanding of how search engines and your company website function in this new climate. Your website is no longer just a virtual poster detailing the services your business offers. It is a living breathing organism, possessing an appetite for optimized content (i.e., well-written content with links to other pages on your website, as well as from reputable sites). It is important to know the importance of SEO (search engine optimization) in 2020
If you are a business owner in need of assistance in optimizing your website, the SEO and SEM experts at VIP Marketing are here and ready to help. We have extensive experience in customizing marketing strategies to meet the needs of all who are interested in our extensive services.
To learn more about what we have to offer, give VIP Marketing a call at 843.760.0707 today.Contact Us